Welcome to our August 2019 Market Review! Our Chief Options Specialist, Jason Ayres, provides a summary of the market and explains why Learn-to-Trade.com has taken a defensive stance:
Here’s what happened in August:
- Stocks continued to climb in July, which were driven by the expectation of a more accommodative monetary policy and a investor fear of missing out.
- Stocks lost momentum, however, and finished where they started due to a lack of progress in trade war negotiations, the interest rate reduction priced in, and the looming interest rate announcement.
- In Canada, stocks chopped about, healthcare and energy stocks lagged, and the tech and consumer sector outperformed.
- In the U.S., stocks performed better than in Canada, but healthcare and energy stocks lagged, and the information technology sector outperformed.
Latest posts by George Karpouzis (see all)
- Market Review – August 2019 - September 11, 2019
- The Three Biggest Factors Driving the U.S. Economy Are Stalling - September 10, 2019
- Ongoing Economic Risks Sends Gold Prices Soaring to Six-Year Highs - September 3, 2019